5/10/2021 0 Comments
Last Thursday, I finally got the frame rolling! In the process, I tweaked my plans just a bit in order to simplify the build process and to help ensure others could follow along easily and reliably. So far, the build has gone very smoothly and I've eliminated steps I've had to do in previous builds that I found to be overcomplicated or required too much "guesstimation."
I am very happy with the outcome thus far. This week's main goal is to design and fabricate the steering system. My intention is to have a nice, intuitive lever steering system that allows the rider's arms to rest at their sides and results in a very smooth, stable steering experience. My secondary goal is to create the front and rear seats. One of the design considerations for the seats includes the ability to quickly remove them in order to access the enclosed drivetrain. I have some ideas for this and I'm excited to flesh them out!
Thanks for tuning in. Much more to come very soon!
Leave a Reply.