Things are really starting to shape up! Over the last two weeks I got the steering system made - it's a hybrid between lever and underseat steering, and it feels great! I also made the mid-hubmotor mounts, bent the aluminum seatbacks, welded on the rear derailleur hanger, made the boom, bracing for it & adjustable bottom bracket, and also made the bracket for and installed my two front chain idler pulleys.
It seems as though we're going to need 6 pulleys to manage the four bicycle chains that link the pedals to the rear wheel of this beast, so the build is on a short pause while I wait for the additional idlers to arrive!
Next up: running boards & arm rests/grips for the rear passenger, headrests, finishing the chain routing, welding up the frame completely, then hooking up my brakes & going for a little human-powered test ride! If all is well, I'll make my battery tray, hook up the ebike kit and do a full-powered test. I can't wait!!